VITAC, a Verbit company, is thrilled to share a couple of new resources designed to help clients and those interested in learning more about accessibility, access services, and ways to boost inclusion efforts.
Our new knowledge hub ─ “Advancing Accessibility” ─ was created as a go-to destination for all things accessibility.
The hub features, among other things, informative resources, upcoming events, and comprehensive explanations of key accessibility regulations and terms designed to give a deeper understanding of some of the challenges and solutions in providing accessible accommodations.
It also features insightful videos on a variety of topics, including:
- An introduction to automatic speech recognition (ASR)
- An overview of accessibility laws and the 21st Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act (CVAA) and the Communications, Video, and Technology Act (CVTA)
- A guide to audio description
- A look at the Accessible Canada Act, a law designed to make Canada barrier free for individuals with disabilities by January 2040
- Our newest video on providing captions for live events, whether it be live stadium sports, theater performances, or arena concerts
Bookmark our page and check back often as we’ll be routinely adding new content, information, updates, and industry insights.
Virtual NAB Show
Technologies keep pushing forward new ways to make entertainment more accessible to all.
VITAC highlighted some of these solutions in our booth at April’s National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) Show in Las Vegas and we wanted to share those demos with everyone via our new Virtual NAB Show!
Check out the recent advances in technologies that are helping pave the way for this new era of inclusion. Our Virtual NAB Show features information and demos on:
- Audio Description
- Live ASR
- Podcast Transcription
- Live Elite Captioning
Want to learn more about our services and offerings? Interested in finding out how we can help you become more accessible and inclusive? Contact us today and speak to one of our access experts.